Sunday, May 16, 2010

Just Monkeying Around

I have had this panel for a while
to make David a soft book.  
I wasn't sure how I wanted to put it together, and Naomi and I discussed ideas when she was at my house Saturday morning.  Saturday afternoon, we spent time with one of our clients, Barb, who shared a soft book with David while we were there.  I loved it so much, she let me take pictures of it.  It was just the inspiration I needed to get this done for David.  Thanks Barb!  
I matched the left side with the story to underscore the counting theme.  
The faces under the zipper took me a while, I had a hard time deciding what to do with the number four.  
The buttons can be unbuttoned also for when he gets a little more inquisitive.  
I wanted two mittens to match the theme, and my hands were too big.  So these mittens are the trace of David's hands!  Unfortunately, the openings are too little for him to squeeze his hands into even with the seam allowance I added-  but the idea is adorable.  
I am going to make him
a little monkey to fit in that pocket.
There just aren't enough hours in the day today.  

No comments: